Jump To Navigation

Modify a Court Order in Harris County

Houston, Texas Post Divorce Modifications Lawyer

If a significant change in your material conditions has affected your ability to comply with the terms of your divorce settlement, a post-divorce modification may be necessary. Since child custody and spousal maintenance are court ordered, failure to comply with the terms of either constitutes contempt and can lead to garnishment of wages, suspension of your driver’s license, even jail. Likewise, any attempt to relocate out of state or move away with your children can create significant legal complications for existing child custody and visitation arrangements. At the Law Offices of Wendy Wood, we help custodial and non-custodial parents file post-divorce modifications after job loss, illness, or an opportunity to relocate prevents their ability to comply with the terms of their divorce settlement.

Regardless of whether you are a custodial parent who needs to request an increase in support or a non-custodial parent who can’t continue paying the level of support ordered, we can help. To schedule an appointment, contact post-divorce modification attorney Wendy Wood today.

Modify a Court Order in Harris County

The Law Offices of Wendy Wood prepares and files petitions for post-divorce modifications regarding:

  • Child support
  • Alimony
  • Child custody
  • Visitation schedules
  • Parental relocations

Parental Relocations and Post-Divorce Modifications

The court is interested in protecting the best interests of a child. Toward that end, any proposed parental relocation must be reviewed by the court before it can be approved. The court will consider educational opportunities in both locations, proximity to extend family members, the child’s involvement in his or her community, sports, and church. If a child has a health condition, the court will evaluate the health care provided in both locations. The court will also consider the involvement of the non-custodial parent in a child’s life.

If the court believes a child’s best interests are served by not moving, the relocation will not be approved. If approved, visitation will be affected as well. Here, visitation may include more holidays and extended stays over the summer. Our office works with both custodial and non-custodial parents in modifying a court order in Harris County by gathering documentation and helping coordinate information for the court’s review.

Contact Houston, Texas Post-Divorce Modification Attorney

If you need to modify a court order in Harris County, contact family law attorney Wendy Wood. Our office can help explain the process and ensure you comply with all requirements and divorce settlement terms. If you are unsure whether or not you want to modify a court order in Harris County but would like information about parental relocations, we can explain your options and help you decide what is best for you.

"I proudly and efficiently handle all types of family law issues. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your family law questions and how my firm may help you resolve them."
contact us
Areas of Focus Contact Us Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy